We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight query

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flight query

Hi all,im staying at the marriott fallsview this may for two nights and have a flight from buffalo to NYC at 8-23am , allowing for crossing border and travel time ,what would be the realistic time i should leave hotel ( by taxi ) to get to buffalo airport,it will be a thursday. thanks guys

NY
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight query

Are you checking bags? Will you have your boarding pass or have to check in? Are you parking a car? Are you Canadian, American or from another country?

NY
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight query

PS I'm sorry I just noticed from Austrailia.. I would say 5 a.m. I'm thinking 45 minutes travel time, border time (could be five minutes, could be one hour) time to park the car, catch the shuttle and get to terminal to check bags, being at the airport by 7. The border is the unknown. There won't be alot of traffic at the Rainbow bridge or in Buffalo that early. If you have no trouble at the border, that would be plenty of time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight query

Thanks marsonator for quick reply cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight query

Between five and five-thirty should be plenty safe....

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,724 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight query

Will this be the first time that you are entering the U.S. on this trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight query

No fallsdude i will have been in the country 20 days at this stage,one suitcase and one carry on bag

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,724 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight query

You won't have to spend time at the border getting a visa waiver then, so the previously suggested 5-5:30am should be OK.

8. Re: Flight query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20