We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
166 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

I'll probably be popping in and out with various questions the next couple months…as my wife and I have booked a 10th anniversary trip to Niagara Falls July 30 - August 2 staying at Sheraton on the Falls.

My wife already has interest in dining at Skylon Tower…and I know that's pricey. So the other 2 nights we'll probably try to find some more affordable places (say entrees in the $15-25 range). Looking for recommendations for some decent options. Anything else besides Skylon with a view but more affordable?

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

The Keg Fallsview might be at the top end of your budget range, I think as long as you enjoy steak, you'd might want to spend the extra couple of dollars here...

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

The Keg isn't no $20 a person.

Romance, hmm. I can't think of any for $20 a person. Not fancy, plush settings.

I don't know if Sheraton on the Falls still has the lunch buffet, they used to and still might ? Its like on the 13th or 16th floor and at the very conner of the restaurant there is a small outdoor lookout platform, big enough for 4-5 people. Thats is worth seeing for sure and you can then see if they still have a lunch or breakfast buffet. A few years ago it was just under $20 for lunch, like $18 for each adult plus tip so it should be under $30 if they still have it. I got no idea how much the entries are but for lunch it should be more reasonable and the views awesome, least go inside and check the place out and if your brave, step outside..its really safe but you are so high up its a bit scary to look down .

Connecticut
Level Contributor
166 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

we don't necessarily need anything fancy…casual dining is fine. just trying to avoid places that might be a bit noisier or draw a bigger family crowd like say planet hollywood.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

Ant restaurant that offers a view of the Falls has prices that reflect that fact. Some places that don't have a view but are very good and reasonable are: Weinkeller, Bravo and Syndicate.

www.weinkeller.ca

www.bravogrill.ca

www.syndicaterestaurant.ca

pleasant ridge, mi
Level Contributor
49 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

I have eaten at the Skylon Tower twice and it is a nice restaurant but the food is MOST definitely not worth the price!!!!! Save you money on that one!

6. Re: Affordable Romantic Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:17