I just booked some hotels for next week for our family of 2ad/2kids. 2 nights at Travelodge Hotel by the Falls for $80/nt to see NF sights, then 1 night splurge at Great Wolf for our son who's been begging for a waterpark trip this summer (if you consider cost of a waterpark daytrip, the hotel rate becomes reasonable). The last night will be Friday and I am thinking of one more splurge for a fireworks/fallsview before we head home on Sat. (or not).
1. I noticed some hotels say only Horseshoe fallsview or only American falls? Are the fireworks visible either way? I know they are only a few minutes, but it would be a big disappointment to not see it if we think we will.
2. Can you definitely park for free at the Casino and walk back to Sheraton on the Falls easily? I noticed some contradicting posts maybe because people mistake Sheraton FV for On the Falls.
3. If we don't go for a fallsview hotel on Fri. night, any recommendations for decent hotel in easy walking distance to a good outdoor view of the fireworks? We won't really have time to use much of other amenities since we plan to use the GW waterpark (as long as we can stand it ) for most of Friday. Should we go back to the Travelodge hotel by the falls?
4. Is it true that GST will not be refunded on hotel rooms if booked online? Or will it be ok if booked through the actual hotel website in CAD dollars?
5. Some recommend the NY side for Maid of Mists, and other activities. Is there a US pass? I guess it's not the Adventure Pass?
6. How much time would you need to drive to Toronto on Saturday (labor day wkend) to see CN Tower and maybe have a quick meal? We love finding authentic, inexpensive ethnic foods - any recommendations? Is that do-able before heading back for 8 hour drive or too rushed? I don't know if Toronto is like NYC - you need extra time, patience to deal with traffic, parking, crowds, etc.
Thanks for any advice. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions! Tripadvisor is invaluable.