We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour House

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour House

Just spent an incredible weekend in the NIagara peninsula. Our stay at the Harbour House hotel was far and away the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday experience that we have ever had. The sumptuous accomodation and impeccable attention to every service detail was beyond marvellous. Topping off the weekend with an intimate dinner at the Charles completed a perfect weekend.

We will definitely return.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour House

And, by remarkable coincidence, the Harbour House advertises on its website to visit this site for unbiased reviews of itself.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
8 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour House

We found the Harbour House overblown. The room we had was very comfortable. although the view of a boatyard and a streetlamp was uninspiring. The service was certainly up to the mark for an establishment charging this much.. However, they have no bar and no restaurant. Breakfast is their own bizarre take on "european". which may include sausage & cheese casserole or a bizarre variant of bread abd butter pudding.

St Catharines
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour House

We stayed at Harbour House about a month ago and simply adored it. It was everything described in all of the glowing reviews. We loved how it was small enough to provide special attention to all of our needs and details (the staff are unbelievable, they always seem genuinely interested in ensuring a great stay for all of their guests!), yet large enough to have your personal space whenever you want it(something I find lacking in B&B’s). Unlike cancrdoc, we loved the breakfast. However, we didn't have anything with sausage, so maybe it was a different layout that day. I do notice that some people talk about them not having a restaurant, but they offer a shuttle service too and from any restaurant in Niagara on the Lake, which we love because we never feel stuck having to eat at the hotel if we want to have some drinks with dinner and not worry about driving. Overall, we love the Harbour House and as long as they continue to set the bar as high as they have there, I’m sure that will be our hotel of choice whenever we visit Niagara.

san diego
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour House

WE have stayed at the Harbour House several times and have never been disappointed. The hotel location is fabulous and the service is the best that we have experienced in any hotel in NOTL. It has the highest rating of all hotels in NOTL on Trip Advisor and I guess that is why they are confident to have the Trip Advisor link on their site so that people can see for themselves what it is all about. This place is top notch.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
8 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour House

Glad you enjoyed it. We found the room very comfortable, the welcome in keeping with the price. The descriptor "hotel" didn't cut it. No bar, no proper room service, breakfast was for us undermined by their statutory inabilty to fry anything. What is a sausage and egg csserole? Certainly not anything that would be recognised by their "best of european" breakfast claim. This was a more than comfortable B&B. There is no way in which it is an hotel.

Toronto
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour House

I just finished writing a review for Harbour House because I loved my stay there so much. The staff are great, the rooms are unbeatable anywhere when it comes to comfort and the restaurant shuttle is a great touch. Now I'm just bored and seeing what else is on this site, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm sure you won't be disapointed if you visit this hotel.

7. Re: Harbour House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake