We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops?

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Shops?

This looks like a very lovely quaint town. Someone on the Niagra falls forum recommended it to us.

Are there many shops? All I can find listed is one antique shop? I like clothing boutiques and craft shops.

Thank you!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,701 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops?

Hi Missshopper;

I would suggest having a look at the Niagara on the Lake Chamber of Commerce and Visitor & Convention Bureau website.

http://www.niagaraonthelake.com/

Best Regards

p.s. it's spelt NiagAra...that may be why you couldn't find much.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops?

Thank you so much! There are many shops that seem great! That was a typing error!

Niagara-on-the-Lake
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops?

Missshopper:

Yes there are a lot of unique shops, restaurants, galleries, live theatre, etc., here in town. I don't know when you are planning on visiting, but you should know that many of shops here, myself included, close down for varying periods of time in the winter months.

Typically most of us take our break after the Ice Wine Festival ends (Jan 25th this year) and re-open by middle of March. The shops that do remain open often operate at reduced hours sometimes closing as early as 4:00PM.

After mid-March we all return to normal business hours and 7 days a week.

I hope this helps.

Kenneth Lane Smith

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
419 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops?

Thanks! We will be going in June! Can't wait as it looks just lovely!

Niagara-on-the-Lake
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops?

June is a perfect time of year to come. Depending on whether you come in the first half of June, or the latter half will determine whether the town is overflowing with Spring tulips, or if they have removed them and replanted with an amazing array of florals throughout the town.

The florals are one of the first things visitors usually comment on.

Have fun!

6. Re: Shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 23:21
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake