We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car tours aroond NOTL

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Car tours aroond NOTL

Hi

My wife and I will be visiting Ontario next June -

After considering the options we have booked a 7 night coach tour (Toronto 3 nights includes a day trip to the Falls, 1 night in Ottawa and Quebec and 2 nights in Montreal).

We are then staying 3 nights inthe Sheraton Centre in Toronto and then hiring a car for 4 days.

We would like to visit some wineries in NOTL but would really welcome any further suggestions for a car drive - either using a base for day trips or travelling a bit further afield for a 3 day round trip.

Would NOTL be a good base for day trips or should I go for something more central.

Thanks

Malcolm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car tours aroond NOTL

Hi, Malcolm. I am responding largely to "bump" your question up so that it doesn't get lost.

I do see that your tour involves one night in Niagara Falls. However, I doubt that you would see everything you might want to see in just one day, particularly as there will have been some travel time involved in getting you there.

Here is a recent thread regarding "what to do in Niagara Falls" that you may find helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k29439…

We love Niagara-on-the-Lake and, since it is only 20 minutes down the Parkway from NF, you could easily make NOTL your base of operations to see some of the sights listed on this thread.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car tours aroond NOTL

Thanks for your reply - it certainly looks as if it will be worthwhile spending at least 2 days around NOTL.

mALCOLM

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car tours aroond NOTL

First off Malcolm thank you for your decision to visit Canada. Next, NOTL is a fine base not so much for its location -- it is not especially central -- but just because it is a great place to start and end each day. What you might consider for your three days is this. One day to do some of the wineries. One day to go up to the Fergus, Elora, St. Jacob's area and back. And one day to go along the Lake Erie shore to, say, Port Dover and back. You will get a real slice of southern Ontario that way. If you could indicate any specific interests you and your wife have I'm sure the Trip Advisor Nation would be glad to give more specific advice.

Have a great time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car tours aroond NOTL

If you are interested in a drive along Lake Erie, as suggested by the previous poster, here is a thread in which Tobie from London provided us with an amazing amount of information about what to see and where to eat during that drive -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g181739-i5205-k280…

Happy travels.

5. Re: Car tours aroond NOTL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 05:18