We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

We are coming up there this weekend and staying at Lakewinds B&B. Owner recommended Zee's for dinner before Friday theatre so I made reservation. Any suggestions for Sat dinner or even late lunch. We're not filthy rich but don't want to go to a chain restaraunt either.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
453 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

We ate at Tetleys one evening and Zee's the other just a couple of weeks ago. Both were very nice. Actually, most of the restaurants we saw along Queen Street looked nice. We did afternoon tea at the Buttery and I would go back there for dinner or lunch. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the restaurants.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

Hi bchurch,

I'd really try and have lunch at one of the winery restaurants. It will be less expensive than dinner but still let you experience the cuisine, the views overlooking the vineyards and you can also try a glass from their wine selection with your lunch. The Lakewinds might have a wine route guide, or you can pick one up at the tourist information (~niagaraonthelake.com)

Peller (~peller.com) is just on the outskirts of Niagara on the Lake, while Hillebrand (~hillebrand.com) is a little farther out of town, but we also really like Vineland Estates Winery (~vineland.com) and the Twenty Valley (~20valley.ca) area just off the QEW. Jordan is a pretty little village with shops and Cave Spring Winery and the dining room at Inn on the Twenty is also fabulous and serves lunch.

For dinner, I've heard good things about Ristorante Giardino in the Gate House Hotel (~gatehouse-niagara.com) right on main street. Their prices should be fairly reasonable. But there are others that might catch your eye like the Buttery or the Epicurean or Shaw Cafe for a light supper. Or you might even want to go back to Zees.....

Hope you have a wonderful time!

US
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

I had dinner at Ristorante Giordino this past Saturday and it was great. All of the food was really good (especially the pastas and deserts) and reasonably priced. Be prepared for it to be a bit noisy as the floors are marble and the sound bounces, but it helps a higher end restaurant be less intimidating I think. I would definately eat there again.

I also dined at the Charles Inn on Friday night. They had a large party for dinner so the service was not so great and the food was ok, but I would definately give it a second shot. I think under different circumstances it would be an outstanding place to dine. Their dining room is cozy (much more intimate than Ristorante Giordino) and I imagine as it gets colder they will have the fireplaces lit giving it a sweet, romantic ambiance. Prices are reasonable here as well.

Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Niagara on the Lake Restaurants

Well, just returned from and loved NOTL. We enjoyed Zees although I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere indoors. It just seemed cold to me. We ended up doing lunch Saturday at The Buttery on the heated porch and found that adequate, although annoyed by the bees. We had had a fantastic gormet breakfast at The Lakewinds earlier in the day so we didn't really need much. We also picked up some great baked goods at the bakery afterwards. We are already making plans for another trip and will try to dine in a winery and perhaps the Charles Inn on the next trip. Thanks for all your help.

Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake