We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restaurant

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Restaurant

We will be staying at Queen's Landing July 9th thru July 12th. I'm looking for some help and suggestions for restaurants during our 3-night stay. Any advice on the following 1) Casual Restaurant; 2) Moderate Restaurant) and 3) Special Occassion Restaurant for our anniversary? Is the Queen's Landing restaurant good for our anniversary? Thanks very much!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Restaurant

I'm sure the DEs will weigh in soon but my current favourite for 2) is Stone Road Grille and for 3) would be the Hillebrand or Peller winery restaurants, I don't have any personal experience with Queen's Landing (yet :-) ).

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Thanks for the info. Hillenbrand and Peller both look great for our anniversary restaurant! Is one recommended over the other? Also, can we walk to stone road grille or is it a drive? It would be nice to have one restaurant to walk to during our 3-night stay.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,061 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Good casuals would be the pubs, Olde Angel Inn and Irish Harp, both an easy walk from Queens Landing and both have very good pub fair (the Harp is actually rated the top restaurant in NOTL right now on TA. That is based on the number and ratings of reviews, so is not totally believable given the quality of restaurants in NOTL, but none the less speaks very highly of the place).

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Restaurant

You can walk to the Stone Road Grille from Queen's Landing---about 20-25 minutes through residential treed neighbourhoods.

It's one of our favourite restaurants in Niagara on the Lake.

As for casual, Angel's Pub, the Epicurean or Zees would probably fit the bill.

For an anniversary celebration you would enjoy Peller or Hillebrand though we also like Riverbend Inn's dining room overlooking the vineyards. Be sure to look at the menus since that is often the deciding factor. The Prince of Wales restaurant is also supposed to be wonderful though it's been awhile since we've dined there or Queen's Landing.

Niagara, Ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Hi Fletch608

For casual, a good choice is the Old Winery Restaurant on Niagara Stone Road, for moderate I would also recommend the Stone Road Grill like in the other posting, and a restaurant for a special occasion I would also suggest Peller Estates and also Charles Inn.

The Old Winery Restaurant would be too far to walk to but Peller and Charles should be a short enough walk (but I'm not sure of there being a sidewalk from Queen's Landing to Peller Estates).

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Haven't been in a while, but one of the best meals (it was Valentines day) was at the Queens Landing.

Agree with casual/pub type at Angel's Inn

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Restaurant

Thanks for all the great info.! I'm looking forward to our trip.

8. Re: Romantic Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:30
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake