We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

We're going up for a little getaway - just Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm wondering if there's a place to rent bikes to get around or if the area is all walkable. I have the sites listed in the attractions area here, and we plan on going to a friend's winery, but is there anything we should plan on doing?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
1,184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

Consider theatre on Tuesday, Check shaw festival website.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

Ditto on the Shaw Festival. We visit the Niagara area every couple of years (family visits) and always see something.

http://www.shawfest.com/

NOTL itself is compact. We usually leave the car at the B&B and walk everywhere. However, the Niagara Parkway between NOTL and Niagara Falls is quite lovely and does, I believe, have a bike path. So you might want to look into renting bikes to ride along the River.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

We are actually going to see One Touch of Venus at the Shaw on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks for the info on the bike paths. It looks like we have a lot of relaxation ahead of us - which is a good thing!

St. Catharines, ON
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

There are a number of bicycle rental companies in Niagara-on-the-Lake. They all have comparable prices at $20 for 1/2 day or $30 for a full. Most often they will be bale to deliver them to your place of accomodation. The town is a great place to bike, and as mentioned, is quite compact. Although depending on the location of your friend's winery it could be a bit of a ride. The Niagara Parkway is also a beautiful path to cycle with plenty of nice places for stopping to rest by the river. There is also a smal market called Kurtz Orchard, which sells great sandwiches and salads if you wanted to bike and have a picnic along the parkway. The Shaw Festival was a good decision and there are also plenty of nice spas in the area if you wanted to treat yourselves offering couples massages amoung a variety of services.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

Hi Philia88,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM.

Unfortunately, I was away on vacation when you posted your Question... and it isn't clear when you were travelling (so don't know if you've come & gone)... BUT I thought I'd provide some input just the same, if it doesn't help you, it might be of benefit to others who happen upon this topic.

Great suggestions here so far... I LOVE The Shaw Festival... first class productions. Maybe look into doing a backstage tour. And of course the wineries... a Tour & Tasting is a must (lol, if not more than one). Then there is also the award winning Accommodations & Dining (more CAA / AAA 4-Diamond Winners here than any any other comparibly sized destination in Canada... 9 for Lodging and 11 for Restaurants). Top notch spas (many of them). In addition to the Bike Rentals (lots of great paths and country roads)... and the land in NOTL is relatively flat, so an easy way to get around town... there is also nearby Golf, Horseback Riding, and of course the Niagara JetBoats and Helicopter / Plane Tours.

And who could forget the shopping? Great shopping in cute shops many with unique items that you won't find elsewhere. And antiques, and art galleries... and... and... and... well you get the idea.

Have fun,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Niagara, Ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

Hi philia88

I only know of one bicycle rental company in town and that's Zoom Leisure - www.zoomleisure.com.

For activities, there's Whirlpool Jet Boats, visiting Fort George, a picnic along the Niagara River, the Botanical Gardens, and Butterfly Conservatory.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

RE - BIKE RENTALS

Zoom Leisure = www.zoomleisure.com

Niagara Wine Tours International = www.niagaraworldwinetours.com

Both of these charge the same rates $ 20 for a Half Day (3 Hours) or $ 30 for a Full Day... and as far as I know both companies will deliver (Hotels / B&Bs / Rental Homes in NOTL).

I also heard that Stonechurch Winery now does Bike Rentals... but I have no experience with them and can find no info confirming this on their website (although it is all over their print ads in various wine publications).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

8. Re: What to do for a Monday and Tuesday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake