We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

niagaraspringflings.com/sites/default/files/…

This PDF kind hits it all as far as what to do and where to eat with great views. It even lists addresses, phone numbers, etc for places it mentions. Could easily use this alongside the trip advisor reviews and wonderful TA advice to plan a remarkable trip!

Just wanted to share.

It makes me wish I had more than 4 days in the area that's for sure!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Terrific! That should help you a great deal.......and anyone else trying to plan their time in the Niagara area. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Hi Kirbigayle,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM.

Indeed I was aware of that website info having come across it earlier in my ongoing research and keeping up to date with what is happening in the Greater Niagara Region. (If memory serves me right it is a partnership between Ontario Tourism and the Niagara Region Tourism).

It is chocked full of good info, discounts, offers, and even a contest.

BUT do be aware, that as a Tourism Website... that most of what you find on there will be a form of advertising... and that anything suggested therein is tied in someway to promotion of a business.

So not quite the same as using TA where you get for the most part... pure info of what people are interested in, like to do, recommend etc.

Can though as you say be something that you use in conjunction with TA.

BTW, I know you are fairly NEW to TripAdvisor… so a couple of TIPS.

The Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce has a great Tourism Website chocked full of stuff about NOTL from the usual kinds of things to some not so common items… from what I gather some entries are indeed paid for… but some of it is just purely listings to promote what NOTL has to offer… www.niagaraonthelake.com

The FORUMS and infact all of TA is Searchable… the FORUM by putting any keyword(s) in to the SEARCH BOX found at the top of the List of Forum Topics… and the rest of TA (TRAVEL PAGES etc) by using the SEARCH BOX in the upper left hand corner of any TA Page.

There is an absolute TON of info here on the FORUM and more in the TRAVEL PAGES (those links to the side of this page… start with the TOURISM PAGE – TRAVEL GUIDE etc).

As well just using GOOGLE for NOTL will also give you a ton of great stuff too!!

And lastly… if you haven’t checked out the FORUM for nearby NIAGARA FALLS you should do that too… again chocked full of great info… and some of it different from what you’ll find on the NOTL FORUM (also has a wider assortment of Local Advisors & DEs who post as it is a MUCH BIGGER Destination).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Is the visitor's guide listed at the NOTL site available in hard copy to be picked up at the visitor's center? Marlyne

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

TO MBRUCE,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM

Sadly, I haven't been to NOTL yet in 2011...

BUT YES, in the past The Chamber of Commerce's Visitor Centre (Lower Level of the Court House Building) did indeed have hardcopies of the NOTL Official Visitors Guide (a fabulous publication).

AND

They also usually have a HUGE Assortment of other publications, brochures, and tourism documents (Maps - Winery Info - etc)

Definitely worth a stop.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Great. Sounds like a good first stop. Thanks. Marlyne

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

TO MBRUCE,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Planning to go Winery Touring? Make sure you also pick up a hard copy of the Wineries of Ontario - Official Guide = www.winesofontario.ca

It has great info about all the VQA Registered Wineries (remember some Wineries choose not to register... doesn't mean their wine is any less... just that they've chosen NOT TO SELL to the LCBO... which does take a HUGE Cut for carrying wine... another reason why you'll ALWAYS find the best Canadian Wines NOT AT THE LCBO... but right at the Winery).

You can order the Official Guide ahead (for a mailed out copy) or pick up one at any Winery in Ontario, Wine Country LCBOs, and some Tourism Offices (indeed sometimes the NOTL Location has them).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Thank you WIne 4-2 for the additional info. I have been scouring the web over all of these websites and travel guides I can find just to give me a better feel for everything. Good to know sometimes the ones listed might be paid ads, versus the trusted honest opinions and info on TA. I do love TA for that reason! Such a wealth of info in these forums. When I get a more detailed itinerary for our trip I will for sure be posting to see all of the advice on that! :)

Thanks,

Kirbi

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

OH and I do LOVE how the winesofontario.com website lets you build your own route through Google Maps and you can email yourself the map and directions or save it to Your Maps. Very nifty!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

Hi Wine 4 - 2,

Have another question for you..

What exactly is Niagara on the lake - from what I read it seems like a small town which is close to the falls and is somewhat self contained..

Can one stay here and explore the falls or is it recommended to stay somewhere else?

Somehow NOTL sounds like a little plasticy - somewhat an artificial experience.. Am I wrong in getting this feeling?

Do advise..

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I just found this extremely helpful NOTL itinerary document!

TO VINEETAT,

Welcome to the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I know you are fairly NEW to the TA FORUMS... so I pass along this TA TIP...

It is considered good TA FORUMS Netiquette to post a NEW Topic for a NEW Question... rather than "tagging on"... this one here truly belongs to the Original Poster (OP) KIRBIGAYLE as she works thru her Travel Itinerary.

Posting NEW Topics has many benefits as well...

Means that YOUR Question becomes front & centre (as many who have already read or replied to a topic won't click back in)

Means that the Local DEs get emails from TA telling them that someone is looking for their expertise

Means that you can keep track of YOUR Topic and also build a TRAVEL FILE with that info for any upcoming Trip you are planning (connects to your TA PROFILE PAGE)

And of course it is the polite thing to do... so that the OP doesn't receive email notifications from TA telling them to check "their" topic as there has been replies / activity.

To create a NEW Topic click on the ASK A QUESTION Prompt found on the NOTL FORUM.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 12 May 2011, 00:32
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake