We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara -on -the -Lake bicycle tours

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaver Falls, PA
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Niagara -on -the -Lake bicycle tours

My husband and I are going to NOTL in October for 2 days. The bicycle tours offered by Niagara Wine Tours International and Zoom Leisure interest us. Anyone have an opinion on which company to use? Or an opinion on which particular trip to choose? Both have a 3.5 hour tour which includes 3 wineries and both have a picnic tour which includes 4 wineries and a picnic lunch. 5.5 hours. The picnic tours sounds nice, but I am wondering if 4 wine tasting sessions will be too much with all of the riding... Has anyone done these? How hard is the trip?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara -on -the -Lake bicycle tours

Hi,

I'm afraid we don't have advice on the tours, per se, but perhaps this response will bump the topic back up the list so others may comment.

We've rented bikes from Zoom for independent (non-tour) cycling & found the quality of the bikes to be high & the staff to be friendly & informed. They adjust the bike to suit your physique & explain any quirks, including how to use the cool locks they provide you with. Personally, we'd probably put together our own itinerary, make ourselves a picnic & head out on our own.

The terrain is flat & easy.

Hope that gets things started!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara -on -the -Lake bicycle tours

Hi Lucy,

As with B&J, this recent visitor (kirbigayle) just rented bikes and devised their own wine route. You could grap a picnic on the run or arrange to have one put together for you. Personally I think over 5 hrs would be too much on a bike tour.

<<My husband and I also enjoyed biking around and doing our own self guided wine tour. I just looked up wineries we wanted to visit, noted the tour times of the bigger ones and chose 2 of those to do, then stopped in and tasted at others nearby. This was all in the NOTL region. Tons of places to picnic or stop at fruit stands and country markets on the parkway to grab fresh fruit or baked goods.>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154999-i270-k4635…

3. Re: Niagara -on -the -Lake bicycle tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake