We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blairpen House

Chelsea, Michigan
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blairpen House

Hi,

We're planning a trip to NOTL in April, and were wondering if anyone has stayed at Blairpen house. It looks like it's pretty close to the downtown area, and I was just wondering if it was a decent place to stay, what the atmosphere is like, or if anyone had an opinion on this hotel. Also, any other recommendations would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blairpen House

I haven't stayed at any B&B's in Niagara because we love Riverbend Inn (riverbendinn.ca) but I've noticed there are many great reviews for properties in Niagara on the Lake, several of them within blocks of the downtown area. If you don't receive a response from someone who's stayed at Blairpen, I might try one of those accomodations.

You can use mapquest.ca for distances if you want an accurate reading from downtown. Even a short 7-10 minute walk is usually past beautiful shops and lovely homes and gardens, so it goes by

quickly.

I do have to mention that if you are planning on visiting wineries or restaurants and sights in the area and have a vehicle, there is really no need to be that close to downtown. We never have any difficulty finding parking, even when it's busy.

Hope that helps.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blairpen House

Maps can be deceiving but in this case not, the Blairpen is very close to the centre of town, a stroll of a couple of minutes and you're on the main drag. And old town NOTL is very compact, a really walkable place. Try lunch in the lounge of the Prince of Wales hotel one day for an enjoyable and very NOTL experience. Finally, I agree with the previous post, the Riverbend Inn is an outstanding place to stay -- it would be my own first choice -- though a bit further out from town.

Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake