We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Crowds?

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Crowds?

We're thinking about a few days here this summer in between my mom's chemo sessions. Is it too crowded and crazy (and so too much noise/chaos for my mom)? We'd be renting a house, so we'd have privacy that way...but still concerned about the level of tourism, crowds, long waits at restaurants (though we'd have the kitchen in the house), etc.? Thank you!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Crowds?

I'm not sure where you're travelling from in the US (Buffalo?) but if it's that close and you can rent a house that's certainly helpful.....

But summer is the busiest time with the theatre, lots of bus tours and seasonal festivals too----Strawberry, Peach etc.

Things are jammed packed. Even if your mom is feeling a bit out of sorts (and that's putting it mildly) I think it will be too much with being jostled in the street and in shops, waiting in lines etc. There are places to go a bit out of the way, and you'll have the house, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

You might think about the smaller town of Jordan that's just a little village and not nearly as busy if you wanted to spend time somewhere in the area.

http://www.jordanvillage.com/

Though unless your mom is determined to do this, I might make other plans....

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Crowds?

Hi, the town looks interesting.. How far of a drive from Niagara on the Lake is it? Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Crowds?

Hi mittmott;

Jordan is approx. 18 miles / 28 km from NotL.

Best Regards

NY
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Crowds?

Thank you for your quick response

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer Crowds?

You're Welcome !

USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer Crowds?

So...how about the first week of September when all the kids are back in school? Any better?

Thanks for your input!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer Crowds?

You'd have to make sure it's after Labour Day which falls on September 3rd this year. However, NOTL is more geared towards adults so I'm not sure if the kiddies going back to school will make that much of an impact.

September is still quite busy, especially early September since the weather is pretty nice at that time of year. It might be a smidge less crowded after Labour Day but it will definitely not be a ghost town.

It would probably be less busy during the weekdays as opposed to the weekends but at that time of year NOTL will still be busy enough regardless.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer Crowds?

It's really only quieter after the theatre season ends which is the end of October. September is still a busy time with winery tours as well and as already mentioned, kids being back to school really isn't much of a factor.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer Crowds?

NotL is very touristy but worth the line ups and the crowds.

10. Re: Summer Crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:16