We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

we are coming to notl in oct and would love to see a play or two. we go to theatre in nyc w/ discount tickets which can be had thru many venues..also there is a same day discount line. does notl have any such thing?

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

Hi - I have good news and bad news. There is a such a thing...but it isn't particularly convenient for you. Please take a look at TOtix.ca. Here's the website:

http://www.totix.ca/

If you subscribe, daily e-mails will advise what's on sale. Yesterday's email listed discounted in advance seats available for NOTL Shaw Festival - Arms and the Man, The Cruicible, High Society, and Rosmersholm. However, when I went to the website, I couldn't find links for on line Shaw festival ticket purchases. So, you must buy those particiular tickets in person from the TOtix booth - in downtown Toronto, roughly a 2 hour drive from NOTL. Try calling the infoline at 416-536-6468x40 to see if the pre-recorded message confirms this.

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

thanks fannish, somehow that wont work, we wont be in toronto..it does not make sense to me to have a 2 hr drive for discount tix..but perhaps the plays are always sold out.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

No - not sold out - I just can't find any rush seats. No harm in checking at the box office when you get there....the Stratford Festival still has 2 hour before performance rush seats in person or by 'phone (no web). Since these two operations are always going head to head for tourist dollars, I wonder if Shaw is just not advertising rush discounts? Hope you find something when you get there.

4. Re: shaw festival discount tickets or coupons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake