We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

I'm looking for suggestions of where to stay. My choices are Oakville, Mississauga, or Markham.

11 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,339 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hi Babaila;

Unless you have family or business in these areas, and if your focus is to visit Toronto, you won't save much by staying outside of Toronto, in time or money.

Perhaps if you provided a bit more info...

Best Regards

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Well, this is a leisure trip. I picked those areas because that's where Staybridge suites are located and they have kitchenettes. I would prefer to cook my own meals at times. I plan on renting a vehicle and doing a lot of sight seeing .

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,663 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

There are suite hotels in the city that have kitchenettes. However if you only want Staybridge hotels then either the Oakville or Mississaugua locations would probably be best. They are located close to major highways, and have relatively close access to GO transit - commuter train - which can get you into the city quickly and efficiently. Driving in the city itself is frustrating and slow, and parking is expensive. Public transit and walking is the best mode of transportation in the city core.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Well, I'm in the rewards program with Staybridge so Oakville it will be. On the map I see that it is near water, is this a beach?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

The southern parts of both Mississauga and Oakville are situated on Lake Ontario, which as you know is one of the Great Lakes. Both towns have lakefront parks, some beach area etc. Oakville has a very nice downtown close to the lake. If you have a car you can get there easily from where your hotel is, but neither the downtown nor the lake is walkable from the hotel.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Holiday Inn is also a part of their rewards program. There are two Holiday Inns right downtown, including one that offers free breakfast. They are much better choices, imo. There are a wide variety of places to eat in downtown, many at cheap prices.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

OK, I have one more. Are there any work out gyms close by?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

Downtown in which town? No Holiday Inns in downtown Oakville. There are Holiday Inns in Oakville but not downtown.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

Downtown Toronto. The OP said he wanted to visit Toronto. Sorry, didn't realize this was the Oakville forum.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 22:48
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

Actually he hasn't mentioned visiting Toronto. The three choices he mentioned were Markham, Oakville, Mississauga. Chose Oakville. Assuming that his interests are not necessarilyToronto and cities but just general touring around Ontario.

Lots of fitness places, try googling the area.

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oakville