We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

We are spending 5 nights at the Sheraton Ottawa( August)to see the sights with our 8 year old daughter. We booked the Sheraton as we have stayed at the one in Toronto many times and really enjoy the club floor rooms and swimming pool. I just want to know from those that have stayed in this area (albert st and oconnor) if we have chosen a good location as a base to see Ottawa? If not, do you have an other sugestions?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

Yes, you have chosen well. Although, I could say the same for other downtown Ottawa hotels. All the major tourists sights are within walking distance e.g. Byward Market, Parliament Hill, National Art Gallery, Canadian Mint, etc. etc.

Cheers.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

Another quick question if you don't mind....I have been able to get a really great rate at the Lord Elgin, which then would you choose to be close to all the sights, the Sheraton or the Lord Elgin??

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

The two hotels are about 3 blocks apart, a 7 or 8 minute walk. The Sheraton is slightly closer than the Lord Elgin to Parliament Hill. For the other sights mentioned by the previous poster, the Lord Elgin would be a block and a half closer (3 or 4 minutes walking time saved). A possible advantage of the Sheraton is that the World Exchange Plaza, with a multiplex movie theatre and food court, is directly across the street.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

Thanks for your help ron w! I think we will try the Lord Elgin for this trip. The old world charm and location seem a perfect fit for our family. Although we loose in closeness to the Parliament Buildings, the fact that we are that much closer to everything else might be of help, especially when looking for a place to eat in Byward Market.

5. Re: Ottawa Sheraton Good for Family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa