We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ottawa airport to Kanata

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
ottawa airport to Kanata

Hi,

Anybody know how far it is travelling time from the Ottawa airport to Kanata (near Terry Fox road where the hotels and arena are)?

Also, is there a bus that goes from the airport to Kanata or how much a cab would be?

Thanks in advance

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

55canada

Mapquest.ca indicates YOW to Scotiabank Place is 30 kms and drive time of about 30 minutes. If you haven't already, you'll want to check transportation links at www.ottawa-airport.ca and …scotiabankplace.com/eng/…publictranspo.cfm

When I went to the OCtranspo (bus transit) site, the trip was going to take 1.5hrs! However, you may want to enter your anticipate date and time of travel for a better estimate.

Depending on your circumstances, you may also want to price a car rental.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

I used to live about 25 km from the airport and the cab fare was about $40, not including tip. If the previous poster is correct about the distance to Kanata, you'd be looking at close to $50 for a taxi.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

adanac55 fancy meeting you in this forum...I'm used to seeing your name in the cuba forum...thought I was in the wrong place for a minute...lol.

I have taken the cab ride from the bayshore area and it is about 45 dollars, Kanata is a little further.

so I would guess 50-55 plus your tip. Yes lots of buses.

If memory serves me correctly you can take OC Transpo Route 97 Kanata. Not sure how long your bus will take, I haven't done that route in about 10 years. You may have to transfer in Kanata to get to your destination. For information about the city bus service, please visit www.octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.

Also check with your hotel of choice some have airport transfers.

Dawson City, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

adanac55, a cab will be at least 50$ while a bus is 3$. To get to Kanata, you're looking at two buses, the 97 and the 96. These are major routes which follow the 'Transitway', Ottawa's rapid bus route. It would take at least an hour, probably closer to an hour and a half.

You can check out the OC Transp 'Trip Planner' for more info: http://octranspo.com/Intro_Trip_Planner.htm

Cheers,

Raven

Ottawa , Ontario
Level Contributor
418 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

Cab could definitly run you in excess of 50$ depending on the route they take. Unfortunitly the airport shuttle does not head to Kanata as that would be the cheaper option. If you are staying at a hotel in specific. Call the property and see if they have transportation arrangments. You might be suprised. The bus is a good option and cost effective way, but keep in mind it even though the bus service in Ottawa is good. It will be a long bus ride with luggage.

Good luck

6. Re: ottawa airport to Kanata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 06:23