We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea & chocolate

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tea & chocolate

Any recommendations for tea and chocolate places?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea & chocolate

The Byward market area is probably your best bet. There are a couple of tea places. Here's a link:

http://www.byward-market.com/index.htm

ottawa
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea & chocolate

Market is good, but not the be and end all for food. Specfically, I find the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (in the market) an overpriced tourist trap. West Wellington/Westboro is also a great place for foodies, with the Truffle Treasures, Nectar (tea), lots of good bakeries and specialty food shops. Wellington st. WEST (not connected to the street that the Parliament Buildings on are on) starting west of Parkdale, all the way to Roosevelt. It's about a five minute drive from downtown. Its long strip, but with a lot of great finds.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea & chocolate

I'll probably check out the market but Wellington/Westboro sounds like just the thing. Thanks!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea & chocolate

Hi,

I agree with Wellington / Westboro Village. The first place that came to mind is the Bagelshop & Deli at 1321 Wellington, which is the last place you would think expect, because of the name. But they have a great selection of chocolate & tea and other gourmet fare.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea & chocolate

Thank you! : )

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea & chocolate

If you want chocolate (cake) with your tea then try Oh So Good in the market.. Huge portions but very nice to share =)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
960 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea & chocolate

While I agree that much of the Byword Market can be overrun with tourists and tacky shops, my favourite place in Ottawa for chocolate is the French Baker at 119 Murray in the market (www.frenchbaker.ca/bakery/fine_foods.htm). In addition to a fine line of chocolates, they make a killer petit pain au chocolate (aka chocolate croissant).

Susan

P.S. Say "hi" to Bethesda for me. I grew up there.

8. Re: Tea & chocolate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:16