We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

I live here but haven't yet come across a good place to get thin-crust wood oven pizza. Any suggestions?

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

There must be others on Preston Street, but Johnny Farina's on Elgin does it for me, http://www.johnnyfarina.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

Travelbug,

I have eaten at Johnny Farina's and with all due respect to others it does not do it for me at all. It is not memorable pizza.

I did a web search and only located Forno Antico on Bronson. I drive by this place regularly and see wood piled outside the door, so it must be geniune. I have not eaten there so can't say for sure, but the reviews on line are quite good.

It's not the best location in the world, but if you really crave wood pizza, give it a go.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

Hi Travelbug4307,

La Favorita on Preston is home to Ottawa's original woodburning pizza oven (since 1986). Check out their Website at www.lafavoritapreston.com

Also as an Ottawa local you might be interested in two other Foodie Websites with lots of information on Restaurants and such in the Ottawa area:

www.restaurantthing.com

or

www.ottawafoodies.com

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

4. Re: Wood oven pizza in Ottawa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa