We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
windsor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

hi - my son is a first year student at U of Ottawa and needs to get to the iraport from the u. The cab cost him over $40! What are his alternatives?

Athens, Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

Hello gageWindsor,

The bus system in Ottawa is really well set up. There are two Transitway bus stops on the west side of campus. He would have to board a bus with 97 Airport on the front sign (asking anyone in the area for help if he needs it will work, as well as any bus driver or OttawaU staff).

The bus ride will cost $3.25 or $2.50 if he buys tickets in advance. Visit octranspo1.com for more information.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

Our daughter either took a cab or gave a friend with a car some gas money to drive her while she was at UofO and needing to get to the airport. Mainly because her flights always seemed to be very early or very late.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

Over $40 to the airport from downtown seems a little high to me, in my experience it has usually been closer to 30. Regardless, in addition to the OC transpo mentioned above, you can also try the Ottawa Airport Hotel shuttle. It serves most hotels downtown ottawa, many of which are close to the campus. In addition there is a shuttle stop at the university of Ottawa, (75 Laurier Ave E.) Fare is $15 or $25 round trip.

Attached is the web site:

http://www.yowshuttle.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

Hi GageWindsor,

Welcome to the OTTAWA TRAVEL FORUM.

Great advice here so far… let me add some more

As my esteemed colleague IRISH-HONEYMOONERS has said probably the easiest (and cheapest) way for your son to get to the Ottawa Airport is via one of OC Transpo’s buses… and indeed the Airport 97 passes right by Ottawa U on the Eastern & Southern Transitway.

This is indeed my pick as well.

Additionally, it is my understanding based on article that was in the *Ottawa Citizen* last week that OC Transpo U-Passes are something that ALL Post-Secondary Students in Ottawa have been issued (and already paid for in their Fees) this school year.

So he can travel to and from the Airport for FREE… lol at least from September 2010 to April 2011.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS… The article that ran in the *Ottawa Citizen* was about how some Students who felt they didn’t need the U-Pass tried to sell it, so it really doesn’t relate directly to your Question… BUT it clearly states that all U of O Students have one…

*Ottawa Citizen* “U-Pass Seller feels thrown under the bus” = www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Pass+seller+feels+thrown+under/3702613/story.html OR http://tinyurl.com/OttawaCitizen-UPassSelling

Edited: 27 October 2010, 21:01
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

My son who attended University of Ottawa used the OC Transpo buses to get to the airport from campus and never had any problems. Certainly the most economical way to get there!

6. Re: getting to the airport in ottawa from u of ottawa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 06:53