We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

Texas
Level Contributor
165 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

My teen-age kids and I will be in Ottawa for Canada Day (first time!). We plan to be at Parliment Hill for the noon-time festivities, and then, depending on the crowds, make our way to Byward Market. Do you have any suggestions on places that we could/should eat for lunch & dinner on such a busy and crowd-filled day? We'll be walking and taking public transportation. Thanks!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

The lunch suggestion is the chicken barbecue in Major's Hill Park - a Canada Day tradition for 19 years.

www.canadascapital.gc.ca/canadaday/…

Texas
Level Contributor
165 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

Thanks for the idea !

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

I second the chicken BBQ at Major's Hill Park - not cheap, but great eats on Canada Day!

A second option... if you're not concerns with healthy food... would be the long line of chip wagons around the war memorial - a Canada Day Poutine has been a long tradition for me.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

I completely forgot about this and ate at one of those pubs in the market that must double their prices on Canada Day... $14 for nachos with no meat and barely any cheese.

5. Re: Lunch/dinner suggestions on Canada Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 07:17