We're planning to drive from Ottawa ON to Boston MA. Leaving Ottawa on the 6th of October at around 14:00 o'clock and returning on Oct 11Th around noon. Google maps suggested 3 alternatives: I-89 S, I-93 S and I-89 S and I-93 S. 2 via Montreal and 1 via Odgensburg.
1. Could anyone please advise me which is the easiest of them all? As I don’t know what to take into consideration at all (being a tourist) when making the choice.
2. Which border crossing is least congested, are they all open 24/7?
3. Where is a good place to stop for the first night en route? We don’t want to drive into the dark. And for the last night to break the drive back from Boston to Ottawa?
4. What stops do you recommend en route? We don’t want to side track too much, but we want to enjoy the journey as well.
5. Boston hotels seem very expensive especially since we need 2 rooms and parking. Does anyone have any suggestions of where we should look for accommodation in Boston and vicinity, central enough to park the car and rely mainly on public transportation?
6. We want to buy a GPS in Canada before we start our initial drive to Tadoussac. (we're renting a car for 16 days and figured out it's better value to buy one than add 15CAD a day to the car rental fee ) could someone please recommend one to us.
I'm posting this query on Ottawa, Montreal and Massachusetts Forums.
Thanks for bearing with me