We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

I am going to be having day surgery at the Ottawa General in the coming weeks, and being from outside of the city, I must spend that night at a hotel in Ottawa. Complications are not uncommon, and patients having this partiular surgery must be closer to the hospital than where I live.

Obviously, the west end wouldn't be a first choice, but I'm thinking that east end or downtown would be fine. I'd like the hotel to have room service, as I doubt that I'd be up to going out to dinner. Failing that, somewhere with good easy takeout very close would work too.

I'd like something very clean, spacious, and comfortable.

I live in the Ottawa Valley, and haven't needed to stay in Ottawa for quite a few years, so would appreciate any suggestions.

\

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

Hampton Inn on Coventry Road at Vanier Parkway is close to the Ottawa General. They serve a hot breakfast included in the room price. When we were there last fall they were serving some type of evening meal/snacks but you would need to call to confirm that as it is not mentioned on the website.

Rooms are large, quiet and clean. Some have kitchenette facilities which might be handy if you wanted to bring your own comfort foods with you. Free parking.

http://www.hamptoninnottawa.com/index_h.asp

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

There is a recently opened Courtyard by Marriott adjacent to the Hampton Inn mentioned above. That may increase the dining options, but neither of the hotels are of the type that offer room service.

marriott.com/hotels/…

The Chimo Inn at St Laurent, about a mile or so east of the above hotels, specifically notes that Take Out service is available from its restaurant. http://www.chimohotel.com/

Do check the reviews, I suspect it may not be highly rated.

As to downtown locations, Ottawa has many very good suites/apartment hotels, which would meet your spacious criterion, but none would offer room service. There are probably only a hand full of full service hotels that would do so, Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Westin, Sheraton, Lord Elgin, Indigo come to mind.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

Thank you both very much. I think both hotels look fine, with the Mariott Courtyard having an edge, given the fact that it's newer, and the on site restaurant, which mentions a "grab and go" dining option.

4. Re: Looking for a suitable Ottawa hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa