We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

Hi has anyone tried the bus trip from Kingston to Niagara Falls? Also is there a bus from Ottawa (or the airport) to Kingston? Thanks

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

Greyhound Canada runs 2 buses a day from downtown Ottawa to Kingston. Via Rail operates 5 trains a day to Kingston from it's Tremblay Road station.

To get to Niagara Falls by bus, you would take a Greyhound bus to Toronto, changing there for Niagara Falls. Via Rail train to Toronto and connecting to GO train/bus is also possible.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

It's a boot by bus....not sure of the price difference but train is much more comfortable....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,714 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

Hi macyOIreland;

The websites for the three companies mentioned above are...

www.Greyhound.ca

www.VIARail.ca

www.GOTransit.com

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

I don't believe there is a GO train to Niagara Falls, but I do think there is a VIA train. I believe the station is not too close to the city, so you may get stuck taking a taxi when you arrive there.

If renting a car is an option, it would actually be cheaper to drive it (7 hrs, but it would most likely take the same via the train)

I checked the price from Ottawa to Burlington recently and it was going to be over $200 to take the train (in Economy)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

There's GO Train service to Niagara on summer weekends, and you can get to Niagara via a combo of GO Train and GO Bus service at other times.

Via Rail is cutting back on their train services to Niagara. At the end of October, the evening train from Toronto and the morning train from Niagara will be discontinued. (The Maple Leaf will continue to provide Toronto-Niagara service, leaving Toronto fairly early in the morning and returning from Niagara in the evening.)

6. Re: Ottawa - Kingston - Niagara Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:15