We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

I am planning a 4 day training workshop in the Ottawa area. My participants will be coming from Ottawa and the entire area. They have asked for a hotel location that is not too difficult to drive at 7:30 - 8:15 a.m. Our training will be Friday to Monday inclusive in April. I am looking at Bells Corners, Nepean and the airport hotels. any advice as to hotels to avoid or areas that are easier to access by car? I do not know the area and will come personally to check out hotels but would love some advice as to where to start. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

Happy New Year

Ottawa Tourism Bureau has information and services to help you identify requirements and which locations would meet these requirements.

Here's a few websites to get you started.

ottawatourism.ca/en/…at-your-service

http://www.meetingseasy.ca/ottawa/

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

For the convenience of the Ottawa participants, I`d suggest looking at the airport options first. Nobody from the east side of Ottawa will thank you for making them drive cross town to Bell`s Corners. The airport is reasonable for both east and west enders.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

In the south end near the airport you could look at Southway Hotel (previously Southway Inn). They have very good conference facilities as well as good parking and eateries in the area.

Other options are the Hilton Garden Inn, right at the airport, Hampton Inn off Riverside drive, and Days Inn (though I don't know if their meeting space would accommodate your needs) on Hunt Club road near the airport.

I would not think that Bells corners would be a good option and some of the hotels in Nepean such as Macy's and the Travelodge have had road work being done in front of them continuously for 2 years now and currently there is a bridge replacement being done right in that area which is still months of work. It is unpredictable whether or not those roads on Carling Ave will be ripped up AGAIN. I drive this almost every day and it is a real pain.

Athens, Ontario
Level Contributor
555 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

It depends who is worried enough about the commute to ask for a good location. Do they live in the west or the east? I live southwest of Ottawa and I would much rather head to Kanata or Bells Corners than have to fight my way to the airport during rush hour.

If you are worried about making people happy with location, you should contact them and see where they live and then come back let us know the numbers. That being said, it's only two days (the Friday and Monday) and locals are used to the traffic.

5. Re: Planning 4 day conference in Ottawa area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 22:15