We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

I am heading to Ottawa for a course later this month. I am interested in any restaurant recommendations for a woman travelling on her own (in my 40s so the night life is out :)). Staying near the Rideau Centre. My course ends at 4pm each day and as I only have 3 evenings there, what are the must sees? Thanks in advance for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Rideau Centre
Rideau Centre
308 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Atelier
££££, Canadian, International
MeNa
££££, French, Canadian
Cozmos Souvlaki
£, Fast food, Mediterranean, Greek
Ottawa
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

Great Italian restaurant in the Byward Market... Vittoria Trattoria:

http://www.vittoriatrattoria.com/

Mentioned in this post
ByWard Market
ByWard Market
3,970 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Vittoria Trattoria
Vittoria Trattoria
1,576 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

I can second some of the recommendations - Play, Johnny Farinas, Chez Lucien. As for the colder weather - make sure you layer. Fleece anything would be helpful (and I also come from the prairies and find the wind wickeder than anything I ever experienced out west!) You'll find that some of the streets downtown have a bit of a wind tunnel effect as well. Enjoy your trip - it's a beautiful city!

Mentioned in this post
Chez Lucien
Chez Lucien
377 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

I agree with previous posters-dress warmly and if you own a down coat wear it. Mine came out of hibernation this past couple of weeks after a couple of years of warmer winters. Wind is pretty brisk this week also.Better to be warm than suffer poor clothing choices.

14. Re: Recommendations for a woman travelling alone...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 06:17