We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in gatineau-hull

Novara, Italy
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in gatineau-hull

I was looking for an hotel in Ottawa and i found out that those across the river (Four Points by sheraton, or Best Western Plus Gatineau for example) are less expensive still ramaining close to center. Is there a reason not to choose them , i mean is that a secure area (night walk)?

Thanks.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in gatineau-hull

There should be no safety concerns. Not many places to eat immediately near these hotels. About a 15 minute walk from Best Western to Promenade du Portage, where you will find numerous restaurants, and on the side streets off of du Portage. the Four Points would be 5 minutes closer.

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in gatineau-hull

Sheraton 4 points is a great location. It's safe and there is plenty to see an do within walking distance. There is the Canadian museum of civilization and IMAX right across the street.

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in gatineau-hull

Sheraton 4 points is a great location. It's safe and there is plenty to see an do within walking distance. There is the Canadian museum of civilization and IMAX right across the street.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
656 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in gatineau-hull

I too say the Sheraton, much nicer hotel. 15-20 minute walk across the Alexandra (Inter-Provincial) Bridge to the heart of the Byward Market or Parliament Hill. As the others have stated, there are many, many restaurants, from snack bars to high end dining as well as dance clubs, sports bars etc 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. And yes, the Museum across the street, 10 minutes to the National Gallery

5. Re: Hotel in gatineau-hull

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa
Recent Conversations