We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

Hello we are looking for a place to hold a small wedding and dinner reception. The wedding will be short so the emphasis will be on the dinner. As this is happening very fast probably in September I do not have a budget in mind but off hand I would say something alittle more upscale to ensure a wonderful dinner/ evening for the family of about 10-20 people.

Does anyone have some recommendations or words of warning about some of the hotels in the Ottawa area for something like this? Because we are rushing to do this I am not thinking with a clear head so any suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated! I will visit some places here listed on trip advisor but just wondering if maybe something off the beaten path? Also, it would be best to have wedding, dinner and overnight stay all in one place. Thanks

Ottawa ON
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

For small and outside Ottawa, consider Wakefield Mill. Or the Chateau Laurier for something special. There are lots and lots of options in the Market that are close to hotels and many have private rooms that can be booked. I had a friend host a wedding at Armada Lounge which was very nice and reasonably priced - www.thebrigpub.com/thebrigpub.php…

If you can be more specific about what you're looking for, it will be easier to make suggestions.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

The Wakefield Inn is in Quebec - so getting married in another province may or may not be what you want to do. Here's an idea - lovely venue: http://www.strathmere.com/

And another: http://www.beantownranch.com/en/index2.htm

I've been to a function at Strathmere, and would recommend, and know many who have been to Beantown and say it is a great venue and great meal etc.... Hope this helps

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

Second recommendation for Strathmere, but it is out in the country, not in the city.

Don't know if this is still possible, but friends booked a gorgeous private room at the National Arts Centre for a wedding of about 50 people. Elegant and upscale, and the food was lovely. The advantage is that this is right downtown, so guests could easily find accommodation at nearby hotels and enjoy the city sights.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

If you have guests that are from out of town, the Chateau Laurier would be ideal as guests can also stay there. The Wakefield Mill is also a great choice, very romantic and has a number of rooms. Lago at Dow's Lake (on the water) has a private room and their food is very good. The Capital Room at the Delta hotel has exceptional food and service and will reserve the whole room for such events. I have been to receptions there and it would be my first choice as they are a class act.

Good luck

5. Re: Small family dinner Ottawa or surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16