We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Ottawa

Shubie
1 post
Save Topic
Moving to Ottawa

Hi everyone! We could use all your help. I'm from Montreal and have made a bad move to Nova Scotia last year. We are now looking to relocate to Ottawa, I miss the City Life. We are looking at different areas but can't decide. It's hard to get a clear picture of how the areas are. We are undecided by Orleans and Rockland. What are some good points and bad points of both areas?? Anything can help!!!!!!!!!!! Please provide me with some info!!!!!!!!!!!

THanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Ottawa

Hey, I'm from Orleans, it's a beautiful little town, very built up, Rockland is about 20 minutes away and it's starting to get built up however if you like activities, I would go with Orleans, Orleans has tons of things to offer and it's still being built up, Rockland is more country type but not country if you know what I mean.

Orleans all the way!

Wes,

Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Ottawa

You will not get the city life in Rockland, but house prices are cheaper than in Orleans.

Do you have children? Then Orleans for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Las Vegas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Ottawa

If you are looking for city life, then Ottawa would be another bad move. You cant compare the nightlife or city to Montreal. Ottawa is a little to small and laid back to be considered a city....Just my honest opinion since I went to school there and almost died from boredom...Try Toronto or Vancouver, you'll be much happier there.

Mentioned in this post
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
4. Re: Moving to Ottawa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2006, 14:28