We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accommodation recommendations!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accommodation recommendations!

So here's the deal...

My Mom and I will be in Ottawa for a family party for about 5 days over the June 15/16 weekend.

The party will be in the Manotick area. We'll likely rent a car so location isn't a big deal, but we might prefer something either in downtown Ottawa or on the road to Manotick (as opposed to Aylmer, for example).

Not looking for luxury or spas or kids facilities, but a great deal on a cool and clean and well situated and well priced place to call home. I don't ask for much!

Can anybody guide or advise please? All suggestions are welcome and I can take it from there.

I used to live in Ottawa in the 80s but haven't been back since.

Thanks very much to all readers!

Kaki

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accommodation recommendations!

My first thought is that there are a half dozen B&Bs in Manotick. If you are interested see, www.rideau-info.com/canal/accom-bb.html. Having briefly lived in Manotick many years ago, it’s an idea I find attractive.

Near the airport, and more or less on the way to Manotick, is the Day’s Inn on Hunt Club Road. It is a very new hotel, but probably does not sound like the kind of place you are looking for. You might look at the Southway Inn, also south of the city near the airport. It’s a bit classier and has an added advantage of being very near excellent public transport getting into town, saving traffic hassle and parking costs.

When the Prince of Wales Highway (hwy 16) was the major entrance to the city from the south, there were a number of motels on that highway. I don’t know what has happened to them since it has been superseded by the 416. One of them that I remember as being very nice was the Monterey Inn, if it is still around.

Downtown, I generally recommend Les Suites. Nobody has ever come back to say it was not a good recommendation. Very central to shopping, dining and tourist sights. You will pay for parking, though.

I hope this is a start and, if nothing else, brings your question back to the top of the page.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accommodation recommendations!

Hello,

I think the idea from the above poster of B & B's in the Manotick area is a good suggestion. It is such a pretty area and it would be great to spend some time there.

You mentioned having a rental, which you could use when you want to go to the downtown area of Ottawa.

Good luck.

n/d

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accommodation recommendations!

Can you recommend a B & B in Manotick? I have seen one gorgeous castle way beyond my budget and not much more in the area. I would want a private bathroom and two beds, often difficult to find in a B & B as well.

I'm scoping out the Adam's Airport Inn. I can get a 2 room suite for less than $100. It's looking like that may be my best bet without another suggestion.

Again, thanks!

Kaki

4. Re: Looking for accommodation recommendations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 20:20