We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

Just thought I'd share our experience in this place for the benefit of all coming to Ottawa. Unfortunately, our advice is to stay away!

My family and I could not wait to leave this dump of a hotel! We made a terrible mistake by booking for a month through the Internet after having made a few calls. The staff sounded OK at first, but the second they charged our credit card (without telling us), all the niceness disappeared. They lied just about every thing they had promised. First, they had no one in attendance (not even a reception desk) at the location where we were meant to stay, so we literally had to ask a friend pick up the keys for us prior to our arrival in Ottawa (only a 30-minute ride out of town!!)

Once in, we had to call many times to have the most basic of services done: cleaning the room. It took two weeks to actually have them clean the pet hair-infested room. We also had to put up with them carrying our repair work for the falling apart closet doors, the broken shower fan, the boiler. They had the stove covered in aluminium foil to avoid having to clean it, and - as a result - the stove caught fire as whatever oil drops that fall when you cook were trapped underneath. Regular cleaning happened only once a week, and was way below average (towels were so old that you could only bin them). Most of the kitchenware provided was either dirty, worn out, or plain rusty.

At C$2000 per month, this place is not worth a dime. I would not stay there ever again, not even if they paid me. Save yourself, and your cash, and find somewhere else.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

I hope you will post a review of this establishment in the Trip Advisor Review section. It will be a nice counter balance to the rave review it got in July.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

I would call the Ottawa Better Business Bureau, and place a report.

This will protect others after you also

Ottawa
Level Contributor
16 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

This is awful, you should most certainly seek at minimum a partial refund. This is simply unacceptable! Please ensure you post a review for the hotel as well!

4. Re: Cardinal Suites, Ottawa - Warning: Stay away!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 14:20