We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel should I choose?

Toronto
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel should I choose?

I can't decide between Holiday Inn & Suites Kanata and Country Inn & Suites Kanata. Which would be better for location, quality of the rooms, the indoor pool? Any opinions either way?

Also any suggestions for local dining, etc. would be appreciated. This is for a couple's vacation, special occasion. We will have a car, and plan to tour the museums, drive around Ottawa, and enjoy a couple of civilized adult meals with nice food and wine. We have stayed in downtown Ottawa before and want to do something different this time. Thanks in advance for the help.

2 replies to this topic
Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel should I choose?

Your trip might have already passed but I can give you some suggestions on restaurants etc.

If you want to eat in Kanata, there's a nice italian place called Cabottos on Hazeldean. If you're willing to venture further afield to eat, I would try Gezellig in Westboro, Wellington Gastropub (also Westboro but closer to downtown). Both restaurants have good food and wine, and you can go as dressed up as you want to (I've gone straight from work, and more casually dressed on weekends). You could also try the restaurant at the Brookstreet Hotel in Kanata. I've been but it's been a few years.

Can't really help you out on the hotels although we have had vendors stay at the Holiday Inn Kanata and have heard no complaints.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
774 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel should I choose?

Also, it terms of what hotel is better, it depends a lot on your wants and needs.....where you want to go while in Kanata? The facilities available at each hotel?? Stuff like that

Reply to: Which hotel should I choose?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa