We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice

Campbellsville...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice

Three senior citizens from Kentucky would like to do the Snow Train in February. Are driving conditions in the area usually good that time of year? How much in advance would we need to purchase tickets, and are there any hotel/train packages that you would recommend? We had planned on doing a bus tour but it was canceled.

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice

Driving can be really treacherous, just have a lot of time and really pay attention to the weather conditions.....be sure to do your driving during the day....

ontario canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice

agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/…index.html

qualityinnssm.com/sault-ste-marie-hotel-spec…

watertowerinn.com/index.aspx?l=0,21,33,44,46

https:/…things-to-do

the agawa train ride is beautiful. i think you would have a wonderful time. yes, the driving can be bad if there is a snow storm, and i think you would plan your driving giving yourself extra days if needed. i have sent links to what i think would be the 3 best hotels you could stay at. there are many more, and feel free to check them out too, but i think these are the 3 i would recommend. the water tower has an outdoor hottub and that can be alot of fun in the winter. the delta has a nice hottub/pool area right on the waterfront with beautiful views. the quality inn just has a regular pool and hot tub nothing fancy or different. the delta and quality inns are closer to downtown and the train, but the soo isnt that big and if you use a car navigator thing or get google maps print outs you would have no problem.

let us know if you are coming and we will recommend some fantastic places to eat!

3. Re: Need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 18:15