We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April weekend - what should we do?

Which Thunder Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
544 reviews
Save Topic
April weekend - what should we do?

My daughter and I are going to visit the university this weekend (April 20-22, 2012) and we are only busy with university stuff on Friday. Would going to Kakabeka Falls and Fort William be the best things for us to do? We aren't really outdoorsy people. And Finnish pancakes, right?

I'm also curious about the temperature. I live in the GTA and it has been really mild this spring. Do I need to bring my Canada Goose coat up there?

Thanks!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April weekend - what should we do?

Kakabeka Falls is certainly a good option. However Fort William Historical Park Tours are by reservation only until May 21st. Unfortunately there isn't a lot to do in Thunder Bay in April. Almost all of the summer attractions don't open until May. We do however have a very good museum which would give you a really good idea of Thunder Bay's past. We also have a Cheese Farm that you can visit. Of course there is the Terry Fox Monument that is worth a visit as well. We have a large shopping mall (Intercity) and adjacent to that is the Thunder Shopping Center. As far as the weather goes it's hard to tell. We had freezing rain and snow yesterday but today is bright and sunny. The long range forecast for April 20, 21 & 22nd is anywhere from 9 - 12 degrees. We have a few good restaurants and the Hoito is certainly the place to go for Finnish pancakes. Hope you enjoy your visit to Thunder Bay. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

2. Re: April weekend - what should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 01:15