We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

I am looking for a decently priced hotel in downtown Toronto for my family to stay at. We would like to stay downtown so we can walk and take the subway.

Thank you in advance for your help with this

P.S. any other suggestions would be great this is our first time to Toronto. My kids are 13, 14 and 15 we will be doing a day trip to Niagra Falls.

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

Families seem to like the Delta Chelsea hotel. Good location and a pool.

The Holiday Inn of King would also be a good choice because of location. It's close to attractions and shopping.

Toronto
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

Westin Harbour Castle down by the lake. Family friendly and a great please to be in the spring / summer (don't know when you are travelling)

Short walk to the subway, very close to everything but far enough away from all the noise etc.

Toronto
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

forgot the second part of the post...

It depends on when you are travelling. The lakeshore is very nice in the spring / summer. Can take the ferry over to the island for a more relaxing day.

CN Tower

Rogers Centre (Baseball)

Hockey game would be fun (very difficult to get tickets)

Eaton Centre shopping mall

Royal Ontario Museum

If you are going to Niagara falls make sure you go to Niagara on the Lake too. Very nice town. You could also do a tour of a winery

Hope this helps a bit...

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

If your going to Niagara falls...I would reccomend staying for one night....the falls at night are very pretty..much different then the falls in the daytime

cornwall england
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown on Yonge Street and was very pleased with the whole package: quality - cleanliness - ammenities and best of all location - great for the Eaton Shopping Mall!

As other posts suggest: the CN Tower is a must - but with your kids (and the ages they are) although I did not visit - the Rogers Centre - it was right by the CN tower and looked fantastic from the viewing station!

We also really enjoyed visiting Chinatown - great food and gifts! We travelled there by tram and surfaced from an underground tunnel to the main street - it was very different (in a good way)!

Our trip involved driving to Niagra where we stayed at the Marriott and had the most wonderful views of the falls (Canadian side) it is something I will never forget.

Obviously a trip on the Maid of the Mist is a must and like mentioned in other posts Niagra on the Lake is a wonderful atmospheric Town (may not be all that stimulating for your kids though?)

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time - it sure is bringing back great memories for me just writing this!!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

My fave place to stay is the Renaissance Toronto Hotel Downtown- it's actually in the "skydome" so it is just so convienient when you're visiting Toronto but it is considered expensive. If you want to walk to all the attractions, staying here makes it really easy- it's really cool because some of the rooms look into the rogers centre. You can watch baseball games from your room! My dad took us here when we were kids and I always stay here when I come to Toronto. The Cn Tower is a 3 minute walk away and everything is really within walking distance. I think you'd love it so look into pricing to see if it fits your budget.

Attractions to see in Toronto?

It depends, what time of year you are going.

I recommend:

Taking the ferry to the Toronto Islands & renting canoes

CN Tower

Royal Alexandra or Princess of Whales Theatre

Science Centre

Paramount Canada's Wonderland (perfect for teens!)

The Toronto Zoo

ALONG THE NIAGRA PARKWAY

The White Water Walk

The Whirpool Aero Car

The Butterfly Conservatory

NIAGRA FALLS

Maid of the Mist

Journey Behind the Falls

Marineland

Another fun attraction around Toronto is African Lion Safari

cornwall england
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

Wow! the skydome looks a great option for hotel! wish I was going back there!!

Hope you have a good trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

Other kid-friendly attractions to consider in the Niagara region are:

-Greg Frewin Theatre

-Cirque Niagara

-Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour in NOTL (Queenston)

Have a great trip!

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

I want to thank everyone for their post and I forgot to put that we are going the first week of June.

10. Re: Family friendly hotels in Downtown Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 03:16