We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto day tour

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paddy in Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Toronto day tour

Many thanks palapi for your reply.We would be interested in seeing the city's landmarks.any parks ,museum science/natural history/history,some shopping areas.Are there any areas that show Toronto in the past /non modern.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto day tour

Your reply got separated from the original thread... I put my comments there:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k10855…

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto day tour

Well the biggest landmark of course is the CN Tower!

Also, the waterfront area, ie: the harbourfront centre, the toronto music garden.

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/music_index.htm

www.harbourfrontcentre.com

Toronto has a lot of really neat museums. There is of course the Royal Ontario Museum which is a general museum, but there are a lot of neat other ones depending what your interests are, ie: there's the Bata Shoe Museum, and the Textile Museum.

But to get a combination of science/natural history and history I would suggest the Royal Ontario Museum.

www.rom.on.ca

If you really like science though there is the Science Centre which is pretty awsome and has a lot of hands on, interactive things you can do. I can't remember if you said you'll have kids with you? But if so, it's especially great for them.

www.ontariosciencecentre.ca

To see Toronto in the past/non-modern, you might want to visit the Distillery District.

www.thedistillerydistrict.com

nearby is old town toronto, which has some shops and restaurants in older buildings

www.oldtowntoronto.com

Other shopping areas:

depending on what kind of shopping you like-

--for expensive, high class stuff and fancy brand names go to bloor between yonge and bay, and then the couple of blocks north of there (cumberland, yorkville)

--for trendy, hipster stuff, go to queen street between university and spadina

--the bloor st area between bathurst and spadina is more down to earth stuff, book stores, record stores, natural food stores, some new age kind of stuff, etc.

--the eaton centre is the big mall in toronto

Hopefully that gives you some ideas to start with! There is a lot more, especially in terms of shopping and stuff so feel free to ask more if you had something else in mind!

3. Re: Toronto day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 16:18