We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

I used these guys for the first time. They are not in terminal but not too far away from the terminal, so make sure you have a little bit of time, to get the car. I always used Thrifty and decided to try these guys fr the first time.

You have to take the Blue Link Train from the airport terminals, which is right next to the metro. Just make sure it is the blue train. It is free. Get off at Viscount station. The whole trip took me about 5 minutes. Once at Viscount station, go down the escalator, and on left is a phone. Call Nu or Routes, for a pickup. They will pick you up. I had to wait about 20 minutes because of heavy traffic. But once they picked me up, it all very pleasant experience.

The rates are very cheap. It was $8 a day for me, plus taxes. Picked up Thursday, and dropped off Sunday for about Can$52.00

The service was excellent. I got there, and left with a car, for the time it took them to process the paperwork. It is a big office, in an industrial location. When I returned the car, they dropped me off at the Terminal, which was very cool.

Considering the time I have to sit in line at Thrifty, and the long walk to retrieve my car, all in all, it was a much pleasant experience with better customer service. the only drawback is the car rental location is not at the terminal. There are two gras stations right next to Nu when you return, and they will tell you that. And for 8 bucks a day, I got a Jeep Wrangler. They have nice cars here. I will definitely make some time, and use them again in my trip to Toronto.

I normally do wrote reviews on car rentals. But, if you have time, this is a good rental. They open from 7 am to 8 PM I think. So, be mindful of that.

7 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,486 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

A quick search of the forums shows a number of lengthy threads warning people to stay away from this company. So either you were very very lucky, or the other shoe has yet to fall. You're about the only one to give them a thumbs up ... for others who see this post, I recommend doing a search for this company on the forums before committing.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,299 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

There is no place in the GTA where you can rent a car for $8/day + taxes. Even your own math doesn't add up...$8 x3 x13% = $27.12 NOT $52 !

Even the website you're touting doesn't offer a car anywhere near that cheap.

Interesting choice for your first forum post.

jaipur
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

USE OTHER CAR RENTAL COMPANY IF YOU DO NOT WANT HEFTY UNEXPECTED CHARGES, RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DIRTY CARS. DO NOT USE ROUTES CAR RENTAL OR NU CAR RENTAL.

Was supposed to be charged $115.51 and instead, I was charged $168.31 because of underage fees. I was fine with this. When I went back home and saw my CC statements, they charged an additional $25 fee (without any receipts and explanations). When I asked about what the charges were, they told me it was because of cancelling another reservation within 48 hours. I booked through expedia and expedia has a 6 hours cancellation policy (NOT 48 HOURS). On the day I inquired about the $25, that’s the day they charged my credit card another $98, without any explanations, receipts and authorization. I inquired again multiple times on these two charges and they didn’t reply my email. The CSR Rep was named Michael. I asked for his last name including a phone number that I can talk to to discuss this matter but wasn’t replied. Since then, I’ve also seen many people complaining about numerous unexpected and unauthorized charges in their CC after they’ve returned the car, including a ridiculous $50 admin fee for processing tolls (in addition to the tolls itself). Customer Service is terrible and this is how they make money, hoping that people would not bother disputing this. If any of you experienced this, I encourage you to report to Better Business Bureau (BBB) Canada + Consumer Protection Ontario and even Major News Agencies in Canada and get a creditcard chargeback.

For me, it’s not about the money. It’s about how dirty this company earns their money and I need to expose this matter.

AGAIN, TO SAVE YOU TROUBLE, DO NOT USE ROUTES CAR RENTAL OR NU CAR RENTAL! THEY’RE THE SAME COMPANY.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,299 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

Hi Clinton;

It is too bad that you didn't come to the Toronto forum *BEFORE* booking this rental and asking for advice.

Best Regards

5. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2018, 03:05

2 posts
1 review
6. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

J'arrive avec un prix de 280$ CAN la semaine , la dame me recalcule un nouveau prix de 320$ CAN , et m'oblige a prendre une assurance à 110 $ CAN , je m'en sors avec un prix de 430$ CAN , j'avais les boules , je ne me suis jamais sentis arnaqué que dans cette agence la , mais je n'avais pas le choix , ma famille m'attendais pas loin avec la voiture , du coup j'ai laché un grand coup de gueule et je l'ai traité de tout les noms (à ma place avec un tel mépris et un tel manque de respect vous aurez péter un plomb aussi!!!)...

Bref , fuillez, c'est une grosse arnaque , revenez aux classiques : HERTZ , ENTERPRISE , ... etc même si au départ ça semble plus chère , mais vous trouverez le même prix et les conditions que ceux au guichet au moins .

Je voyage aux US depuis 4-5 Ans et j'en ai louer des voitures mais c'est la première fois qu'on m'oblige a prendre une assurance parce que je suis étranger , j'ai beau insisté sur elle , je lui ai montré l'email de CARRENTALS le site sur lequel j'ai louer mais elle ne voulais rien savoir , du coup plus de 150$ de frais supplémentaire d'enfumage de touristes !!!! JE NE REVIENDRAIS JAMAIS MÊME SI JE N'AI PLUS DE CHAUSSURES ET QUE JE DOIS MARCHER SUR UN BITUME AVEC 45°!!!!!!!!!!! Chuss

2 posts
1 review
7. Re: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport

52$ CAN a week you said ?!!!!! it's a joke , you're a paid message writer , it's not true at All !!!!

I take a resrvation from CARRENTALS website for 280 $/week , and the women on the counter add me 150 $ for taxes and insurance i wouldn't take because I have all of that on my credit cards , she oblige me to take the insurance , it's the first time I have that with a car rental in my whole life ...

It's a BS , I will never come back to that company !!!!!!

Reply to: NU (Routes) Car Rental in Toronto Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted