We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

England
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

I will be travelling with my 12 year old son in May and need to get from the Bond place hotel on Dundas street east to Pearson International airport it will be on a sunday.. does anyone know of the best and cheapest way to get there..?

I was thinking of subway as I understand there is a subway close by..

I'm not staying at the hotel just being dropped off there.. any help would be greatfully appreciated..

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

RG

You'll see your travel options in tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s1/Toronto:On…

Buses replace subways on Sun mornings - or at least, they used to. I would therefore not recommend TTC if your travel is Sun morning to Pearson. Pacific Western Airport Express may be your cheapest option then. Again, you'll see that on the Inside page.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

The subway is both cheap -- $2.75 for you, 70¢ for your son -- and simple. Dundas subway station is just two blocks away from Bond Place.

Use the entrance on the east (Bond Place) side of Yonge St., not the Eaton Centre side. (Dundas is just about the only station where it's complicated to get from one platform to the other.)

Go north three stops to Bloor. Change to the westbound train, go to Kipling, the end of the line. There, take the 192 bus to the airport. It's an express, takes about 20 minutes, and stops at each terminal. There's no need to pay again or to get a transfer -- the bus bays are inside the subway station.

Leave yourself about an hour and a half for this trip.

England
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

Oh wow.. just what I wanted clear concise directions..thank you so much..!!

this will be on Sunday around 5pm.. still ok to travel this way?

In England some services don't run on sundays so thought I should just double check..

Thanks again..!

England
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

My flight is at 11pm so I should have lots of time..

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,984 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

it's fine. Subway just starts up late (~9am) and run less frequently on Sunday.

Newark, Notts
Level Contributor
258 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

Hi there

I stayed at the Bond Place Hotel with my 18year old daugther March 2006 (it is apparently owned by Princes Mother-in-law). From what I remember there is a bus directly from the hotel to the airport several times daily. Dont know whether it is restricted to residents or not, but it is probally bookable. Worth looking into.

Paula

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

You might be thinking of the Toronto Airport Express, which runs highway buses between the airport and a bunch of downtown hotels. (I found a pic of one of their buses here: http://jerakeen.org/photos/2005/07/25301986/ )

It's pricier than public transit but usually a bit faster, and is one of the options listed on the page ABTraveller linked to above.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

These Airport Express buses run from all over the place, including some subway stations. You don't need to book them, or be staying in the hotel that they stop at. I cannot recall now whether you buy the ticket on the bus from the driver or not.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

Yes, for the Airport Express, you can pay the driver, buy from ticket booths at the airport or the Royal York hotel, or get a discount by buying online at torontoairportexpress.com.

10. Re: Getting to Pearson airport from Bond Place Hotel Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 16:20