We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

Leicester UK
Level Contributor
516 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

Hi

Just spent an hour or so searching for a tour in late May and looking at the following:

Chariots of Fire : MoM, 2 hours free time, 1 hour at NOTL, 1/2 at winery $60 each

Toronto Tours: MoM, buffet lunch, some free time at falls and NOTL

Adult $149 Child $123

Niagara tours: MoM, Journey behind the falls, visit NOTL, 2 hour free time, wine tasting and tour, book online and pay on the day.

Adult $79 Child $69

Grayline: MoM, travel through NOTL,winery tour,

with lunch Adult $116 USD

without lunch Adult$ 93 USD

The Chariots of Fire and Niagara Tours seem so much better - is lunch really worth so much extra??

I assume there are plenty of places to eat - they seem to be set up for the tourists.

Has anyone out there used any of these companies, or others and if so would you recommend them?

Thanks

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

I'm sure there are advantages to all of them, and it depends how many are in your party as to what your budget may be.

I do remember Toronto Tours as being recommended by a UK visitor:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k24441…

and this is daisygee's actual description:

<<Tuesday was the day of our Niagara trip. Had our coffee shop breakfast and were then picked up by Toronto Tours at the hotel by Alec our guide. Large coach which was full by the time we'd picked all the other passengers up, but a very good crowd. Other half very happy as there were two other Newcastle upporters on the trip! A lovely couple from our hotel who also happen to live near us as well. Pleasant journey to the Falls, stopping off at the heliport for those stupid enough to want to go up..of course we did! Fabulous, although terrifiying. Very pleased I did it, and we have memories that will never be replaced. Short time in Niagara before our lunch in the Penthouse dining room at the Sheraton..window table and breathtaking views. Wasn't expecting much from the lunch but it was lovely..loads of choice and very tasty. Boat trip followed and this was incredible. It was 103 degrees F that day, and the feeling of all that water was fabulous. This has to one of the best trips I've ever been on. Back on bus and stopped in Niagara on the Lake..did a little wine tasting, some had ice cream, back on the bus for a nice ride home. The guide Alec made the day so enjoyable with his banter and manner. Anyone wanting to do a tour...try this one. Drinks with new found friends in hotel bar till we got the hint they wanted us to leave by turning the lights off...>>>

Hope that helps.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

Snow-----I did the Toronto Tours trip ( as shown in my 2005 trip report) and it has to be one of the best(if not THE best) tours that I've been on. I suppose the guide being fantastic helped, but even the buffet lunch ( which I was expecting to be mediocre as these things normally are) was very good. Just seeing your question today brings it all back. If you get the chance, I would recommend the helicopter tour as well----I hate flying but the sight of the falls from the air is simply breathtaking.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

Too bad these tours don't stay until after dark so you can see the falls lit up. From my point of view, they do seem expensive. A rental car would be cheaper for a family, and then you could take your time and do much more than just the MoM and NOTL.

toronto
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

there are two budget companies that work out of the hostels in Toronto. One is the Moose and they stay to see the lights on the falls at night. The other is Jojo Tours and they give 3 hours of free time at the falls. I think that Moose doesn't stop at NOTL but Jojo does. They are both around the same price $50-$55 CA

5. Re: Researching Niagara Tour company - prices so different!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:17