We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Vacation

To anyone .. my girlfriend and I are going to Toronto for our birthday ... we are single and have never been what is there to do for 2 single girls who want to have fun?

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation

i know i always say the same thing, but! tell us a bit about what your interests are.

ie: are you looking for the major tourist attractions? nightlife? outdoors activities? shopping?

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation

From the sound of it you're going to want to spend most of your nights in the Entertainment District, that is if my interpretation of your idea of fun is correct. It's full of clubs and bars and the whole neighbourhood is crammed with people looking for a good time.

If you're looking for descriptions and websites for some of these places check out toronto.com and click on the bars and clubs section.

There are also a lot of places to eat in Toronto that later turn into lounges. One extremely popular area to hang out with the "cool" crowd would be the "Little Italy" area of College St. You might enjoy places like The College Street Bar and Cucina. The street itself and the neighhbourhood is also very cute. If you want to get dolled up and mingle this is the area for you.

Hope this helps!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation

Maybe Little Italy?

It's fabulous, and the best time to see it is at night. For my birthday my friends and I stopped at Sutra (a sexy bar) for drinks, enjoyed dinner at Veni Vedi Vici (a trattoria), and danced the night away at El Convento Rico.

There is so much to do in Toronto, so I'm sure you'll find something perfect!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation

I'd be a little careful with the "Entertainment District". While it has nice pockets, good restaurants, theatres and some decent bars and pubs, some areas where it's more the "Club District", are iffy from midnight on. At least caution is advised, especially for two females alone. See here:

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/210701

And to clarify, this area is roughly from University to Spadina, King to Queen. On a "club night" up to 40,000 people are crammed into a one square mile area and by closing time you'll see some of the worst behaviour. "Little Italy" is not part of this!

5. Re: Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:19