We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Person Airport to Crowne House Plaza

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GLASGOW
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Person Airport to Crowne House Plaza

Can anyone tell me the best form of transport between Pearson Airport and the Crowne House Plaza Hotel in Don Valley.Also i would like to know how to get to the city centre from my hotel?

Regards,

James

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Person Airport to Crowne House Plaza

You're staying at the Crowne Plaza Don Valley Hotel, 1250 Eglinton Avenue East?

A taxi from the airport will cost $55 plus tip and take about 40 minutes.

For only $2.75, you could take public transit. I'm guessing it'd take about an hour and fifteen minutes:

1. From either airport terminal, take the 192 Airport Rocket bus.

2. The bus will pull up inside Kipling subway station; transfer (free) to an eastbound train.

3. Get off at Broadview station.

4. Take any 100 bus (100, 100A, or 100D) -- again, these buses pull up inside the station so you don't need to pay again.

5. Get off at the hotel.

Both subway stations in this route have elevators, so unless you have a ton of luggage it should be doable.

To get downtown:

1. At the hotel, go to the bus stop on the other side of the street and catch a southbound 100 bus (sign should indicate "to Broadview Station").

2. At Broadview station, transfer to a westbound subway.

3. If heading to Yorkville, the ROM, etc., you can get off at Bay station. If heading further south, transfer to a southbound train at Yonge or St. George stations.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Person Airport to Crowne House Plaza

I noted that you are coming from Glasgow. If the taxi fare was CAN$60 with tip, this works out to be roughly GBP25, so you might consider it 'cheap as chips' and take the taxi. Public transit would be a real pain for sure.

3. Re: Person Airport to Crowne House Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:27