We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backups, Peace Customs

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Backups, Peace Customs

US Citizen driving from Toronto back to Airport at Buffalo next Monday morning for a 12 noon flight. Any advice on max wait time to allow for at customs? Any better crossing point that Peace Bridge? Thanks - Jack

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Backups, Peace Customs

The wait times can vary, I don't cross the US/Canada border very often, the maximum time I have waited is 15 minutes.

Check

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Backups, Peace Customs

Returning residents into the US have very little problems as long as you have proof of citizenship and photo ID with you. The wait is not at customs, but in the long line of cars and trucks waiting to cross. So you have to pray hard that there is not a long line up as this can take as long as two hours for you to make your way across the bridge just to get to the booths where the immigration people are. May be less of a line up at Lewiston.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Backups, Peace Customs

I'd suggest the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls... I've seen pretty bad US-bound lines at Lewiston, and the Peace Bridge puts you in downtown Buffalo while the airport is in its northeast suburbs.

As for wait time updates, according to Jiec in an earlier thread:

"You can also tune your radio to CKTB 610 AM. They give border crossing conditions every 30 minutes on the half hour." (See tripadvisor.com/…5982192 for more tips.)

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backups, Peace Customs

I totally agree with mattinTo-use the Rainbow in NF, then head into Buffalo...much easier.

5. Re: Backups, Peace Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 14:21