We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N.Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

Hi guys,

I am going to canada for a holiday and will be staying with relatives there. They are takin me into the US for a day and i was wondering what travel documents i need to get through?

Thanks in advance..

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

Hi;

For the definitive answer, I would strongly suggest contacting the US embassy in Dublin.

You can also find some official information on their website;

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/general.html

Best Regards

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

I think we have covered this many times before. Obviously you have a passport, so the ID and citizenship issue is covered. At the border, you will be required to be photographed and finger printed and entered into the massive data base the yanks are making. Could be the entire world will be in it soon. ..aahhh world domination. For this priviledge, you pay US$6 (I think that is the fee). They call it a visa waiver fee. You may get through fine, and find your relatives have been turned back..or you may all be refused entry based on some tiny trivial turn of events. One can never guarantee entry in the good old US of A. from Canada anymore.

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

I went across the Canada/US border on the 4th July and it was reasonably painless. I was asked a few questions, finger printed and had my picture taken for which i was charged for!!! We were held up for less than 20 minutes but we may have got them on a good day.

4. Re: Documents needed to travel into the US for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 18:17