We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Hamilton

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto to Hamilton

I will be flying into Toronto to attend a wedding in Hamilton. What is my best option for transportation between the two? What is the approximate cost for a taxi from the airport to Hamilton? Is there a less expensive (yet simple and convenient) way to Hamilton via bus or train? Would it be wisest to hire a car service for a return trip (and perhaps more cost effective then two taxi rides)? All suggestions are appreciated!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

The best answer requires more information. Are you flying in to Pearson and the wedding is the next day, then you fly home? Are you coming for a long visit? From the ground transportation desk in each terminal you can book an airline bus to Hamilton. That's the easiest way. Then when ready to come back, just rebook the same company.

The other way is to go by coach to Union Station which is $16 and catch the commuter train to Hamilton (GO Train). This is limited through train service, but in the off hours, the route is extended by GO Buses from Oakville.

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

The trains to Hamilton only run in rush hours. You are better off taking the Hamilton-Toronto express bus, which runs every 20-30 minutes.

gotransit.com/publicroot/…Table16.pdf

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

For further clarification - I will be arriving in Toronto at 2pm on a Friday and leaving Hamilton on noon that Sunday. In addition, I will have 2 suitcases and 2 carry-on bags (relocating from London to NY, and my friends wedding happends to be the same weekend!!) So i will have quite a bit of luggage which is why I believe a taxi/car service may be the best (and unfortunatly most expensive) option...

Your thoughts?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

Sigh -- over the last few months we've gotten tons of questions from people taking Flyglobespan to Hamilton airport and wanting to get to Toronto, and here you are flying to Toronto and wanting to be in Hamilton... :)

Going via downtown Toronto is cheapest, but it takes you out of your way by going southeast when you need to go southwest.

According to the airport's Limo Tariffs (which would apply if you got a limo from the queue at the airport), a limo to Hamilton will cost $95-$105 plus tip. gtaa.com/local/…LimoTariffs-OutOfTown.pdf

Airways Transit is the shared van service between the Toronto airport and the Hamilton area. They charge $66 per person, one way. www.airwaystransit.com.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

As always, recall the exchange rate 1GBP=2CAN$ so if you feel 50 quid is ok then take the limo. If not, Airways is your best bet, they will load your luggae in the back for you, and if you have fragile gifts etc, you can carry them on your lap. The trip would be about an hour I would guess, depending on the level of traffic on the 401,403 and QEW.

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

The buses to Hamilton have luggage bays, so keep that in mind when you are choosing your transportation.

7. Re: Toronto to Hamilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:19