We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto short break

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Toronto short break

We are visiting Toronto in September for 5 days. What do you recommend we see? Things not to be missed? Also suggestions for restaurants would be helpful.

Thanks!!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto short break

linzdr

For Toronto must-see's, here's a thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k12619…

Also, if you haven't already, check out 'Things to Do' on the Inside page tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s1/Toronto:On…

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto short break

Hi.

There are many restaurants in Toronto. What type of food do you like?

As far as things to see ....CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Bata Shoe Museum, Fort York, Ontario Science Centre, St. Lawrence Market, Kensington Market. Shopping...The Eaton Centre, Queen Street West. Hgh end shopping Yorkville.

Hope this gets you started.

scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto short break

Wow!! Loads to pack into our few days then!!

We want casual restaurants,nothing too fancy,ones with a relaxed atmosphere,maybe something a bit different from the norm.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto short break

Linzdr, I've been to Scotland and I know the restaurant situation there. Believe me, if that's the norm, most places in Toronto are different.

You can find virtually any kind of ethnic cuisine here, usually not too epensive and in informal surroundings. Things you can easily find in downtown Toronto that you likely won't find at home: Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Latin American... and probably a few others. Just let us know where you're staying and what kind of things you're interested in.

And if you want basic pub food, there are plenty of pubs. Most of them are pretty generic and mediocre, but you can find a decent one in most neighbourhoods.

5. Re: Toronto short break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:19