We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Canada in October

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to Canada in October

I’d like to go in Canada at the beginning of October .

I’m going to go to Toronto and travel around there for 10 days.

What is weather there like in this time of the year? Is there much to do for children(I’m traveling with my 6 year old child). Any recommended itinerary? Is it better to hire a car? Book all hotels in advance?

Thanks.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Canada in October

It is hard to predict the weather you will get in October. It can be sunny and warm during the day but very cool at night, or you can get a month of rain and cloudy skies, or a mixture of both. Monday October 8th is Thanksgiving Day which means that school is out that day only. Everything that is open in summer is pretty much open in October as well. If you want to travel around Southern Ontario to see 'stuff' outside of Toronto, you really need a car. I would say that outside of Toronto, you would have no trouble finding a hotel room in any city or a motel room in smaller places. I doubt that Toronto hotels would be full either, except maybe the weekend of the 8th, since they often have promotions to bring in the tourists that weekend. October just north of Toronto in Muskoka and Haliburton have the Festivals for the coloured leaves. The trees are quite fantastic to see, however, if it rains a lot, then the leaves come off the trees very quickly. If you change your plans, my relatives when they come from the UK always pick the end of September beginning of October. You have a better chance of sunny weather.

2. Re: Traveling to Canada in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 03:17