We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a name of a restaurant

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Need a name of a restaurant

Hi All!

My friend told me about a restaurant in Toronto, thats like a series of "markets". Its not a food court..I think its like a flat price and you can go to each "market" and order food. Does anyone know about this?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

What you are talking about sounds like Richtree Market Restaurants (formerly Movenpick Le Marche.)

www.richtree.ca/richtree-restaurants.htm

The only thing is, as far as I know, there is no flat rate ..Everything is a La carte and depending on what you choose if can all add up... The main one is on 42 Yonge St. near Wellington.

raquel

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
250 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

Thanks!

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

I had the same thought when I was reading your post.

I really can't think of anywhere else that offers these different stations in one restauant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
383 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

there is also one in the eaton centre last time I was there.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,103 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

Hi;

Perhaps they were referring to Tucker’s Marketplace ?

http://www.tuckersmarketplace.ca/

They have 2 locations in Toronto. One in Etobicoke (west end) and one in Scarborough. (east end)

Best Regards

Toronto
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

I'm sure you're referring to the RichTree Market.

At Yonge Street and Front Street you'll find the Hockey Hall of Fame- the RichTree Market is in the same office tower, called BCE place as the 'Ockey 'All of Fame... the easiest way in is a smallish revolving door entrance just a third of a block north on Yonge Street.

Make sure you take a moment to admire the beautiful vaulted atrium of the tower before you wander in to the restaurant... it's one of the nicest public spaces you'll see anywhere, even though it's just a hallway in an office tower.

People will slag the restaurant, but it's a fine place to go for a casual meal, with lots of choices and decent food quality- and the wandering-around-the-market approach to getting your food is fun the first couple times you are there.

Be warned, it's not a flat rate, and as there is no way to see a running total of your tab it can often be a bit of a shock when you hit the cashiers on the way out.

That being said, ALL the restaurants on Front Street are overpriced for tourists... so if you're in the neighbourhood I wouldn't hesitate to eat there at all.

But make sure you explore a few neighbourhoods besides the blocks between Front Street and The Eaton Centre.

Check Kensington Market, great cheap eats of every kind in the student ghetto known as The Annex

and if you can find it, go to Baldwin Street and find the little miracle block of restaurants in the middle of a residential neighbourhood.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

concur with the above, it's Richtree, and they were good when they opened as the Moevenpick Marche. Lasted a few years and now it's down market and strictly for tourists.

TO offers so much more, just search this forum.

Toronto
Level Contributor
273 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

It really sounds like Richtree, but that's not a flat rate. It's actually very expensive for what you get. The other place that springs to mind is Tucker's Marketplace, which is a flat rate buffet.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

One important tip if you go to Richtree:

They will give you a card, so when you order your food, they take your card and swipe it. You at when you leave.

So, make sure you KEEP YOUR CARD and don't lose it. I don't know what will happen if you lose your card, lol.

10. Re: Need a name of a restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 11:21