We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can i go to toronto

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
how can i go to toronto

hi everybody,

i am in kingston in march and need to go to toronto international airport. can anyone tell me if i can rent a car for one day or can i take a bus or train ??

thank you dagobert from berlin

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how can i go to toronto

dagobert

You may find that there's no car rental companies that offer one-way from Kingston the YYZ. If you're looking at driving there and back, check if kms are unlimited.

Train, bus, and Air Canada Jazz are all options.

Further details with links are in the Kingston forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154992-i1060-k155…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how can i go to toronto

Kingston is about 2 hours from Toronto and you can rent a car and drive. Buses also travel from the bus terminal in Kingston to the Bus terminal in downtown Toronto. Not sure if there are Buses that would take you directly to Pearson Airport.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how can i go to toronto

Kingston is actually about 3 hours from Toronto, 2.5 if you speed. Tack on another half hour to get to the airport, which is on the other side of town, and it's 3.5 hours.

One-way car rentals are very expensive, so it's best to take the bus or train.

Coach Canada runs a bus service from Kingston directly to YYZ. Details here: http://tinyurl.com/2cyck4

Also, you can take the train to Union Station in downtown toronto - www.viarail.ca - and then take Toronto public transit ($2.85) or the Pacific Western Airport Express bus ($17). For more details on how to get to the airport from downtown Toronto:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s301/Toronto:…

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how can i go to toronto

Hello.

Personally, I like taking the train from Kingston to Toronto. There are different departing times available and there is even one train that gets you there in two hours. You can't even drive it in two hours. The train that gets you there in 2 hours charges the same fare as the other trains.(for regular class tickets) Their times vary...but all get you to Toronto in under three hours. Which is still not too bad, as far as time element goes.

reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripresult.aspx…

Also, as mentioned above there is also the bus or car rental options so you have at least three options. Actually, there are flights too from Kingston to Toronto, not certain if that is of interest to you. One thing is you would not have to worry about getting out to the airport.

Good luck.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how can i go to toronto

According to the Kingston Airport Website, Air Canada Jazz offers regular scheduled air service between the airport and Toronto Pearson International Airport.

http://www.flyjazz.ca/english/index.asp

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how can i go to toronto

Unless you have places you really want to stop and see between Kingston and Toronto, I would opt for the bus or train over renting a car and driving. It's not an especially scenic drive, and traffic can be a headache as you get nearer to Toronto.

The train was definitely my preferred way to travel to downtown Toronto when I was living in Kingston, and is generally the quickest and most comfortable.

Depending on how much time you have and how much you want to look around Toronto, the Coach Canada bus may be preferable. It goes straight to the terminal, so eliminates the hassle of having to get from downtown to the airport with luggage. It can get crowded around the times when Queen's leaves on or comes back from breaks, but was generally comfortable enough. It does take longer than driving, to be sure, as it stops in Napanee, Belleville, etc along the way.

I would certainly take the bus over the train going to the airport, but that's from the perspective of someone who lived in Kingston and got into Toronto fairly often. If you're just in Canada for a short visit, it may be worth the extra step to get from downtown to the airport in order to have some time to see Toronto.

A couple friends of mine did sometimes fly from Kingston to Toronto to pick up connecting flights, but it usually added an insane amount to the fare -- like $800.

Whether you go by bus, train, or plane, you will need to get a ride or take a cab to the bus station, train station, or airport in Kingston. All three are on the fringes of town, and public transit is poor, especially if you have to come or go at an odd hour.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how can i go to toronto

Actually, let me correct my last post -- the Coach Canada airport bus does make a stop at the Queen's campus in Kingston, which is much more central, in addition to the bus station. I forgot about that because I always caught the bus at the bus station...

8. Re: how can i go to toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:15