We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East side vs West side?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
East side vs West side?

planning on going to Toronto July 10 -13. I have had great lick on Hot wire for rooms ... I can get at 4 star Hotel similar to OMNI on the West side or smilirar room on the East side of town Which side is better ..

Toronto
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East side vs West side?

What prices are you able to get on hotwire??

When you refer to east side and west side, its too vague. East side could go all the way into scarborough which isnt exactly downtown toronto.

DO you have an idea of the areas in east and west you would be staying at? Also what is your price range?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East side vs West side?

I've used Hotwire to book Toronto several times in the past 5 years. As you've seen on their maps, "downtown Toronto" is now split by Yonge St for Hotwire purposes. Both areas are south of Dupont; Downtown Toronto West goes west to Bathurst. Downtown East goes east to about Sherbourne.

Myself, I prefer west. West includes the Entertainment district. Requesting four star, I've had Sheraton Ctr twice and Hilton once.

For other Hotwire discussions, just enter Hotwire in the search box above, to the left of the GO button.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East side vs West side?

Agreed with ABTraveller - if it's a choice between downtown east and west, I'd probably go with west, for the simple reason that I'm not fond of the location of all the hotels on Jarvis, which is kind of a scuzzy neighbourhood.

On the other hand, I don't know if any of the Jarvis hotels are classed as four-star (though the Grand might be). If your downtown east four-star options are the Pantages, the Cosmopolitan and the King Edward, that's not half bad.

staten island n.y.
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East side vs West side?

Checked with Hotwire again A hotel 4 star (similiar to a OMNI sheration) on west side at 64 or a 4.5 star at 130 leading hotel of the world. How does the location sound?

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East side vs West side?

Hard to say what the "leading" hotel is. Four Seasons? Park Hyatt? Windsor Arms? The brand-new Hazelton Hotel? You basically can't lose, though the Windsor Arms has been getting awful reviews for their service.

I'd probably go with the four-star. That sounds like a great price.

6. Re: East side vs West side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 11:23