We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transportation

Boston
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transportation

I'm going to Toronto in August and staying at the Fairmont Hotel downtown. Is the Pearson airport the right one to fly into? I see that it's a 2-hour shuttle ride from there downtown. Any suggestions?

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transportation

The Airport Express shuttle to and from Pearson is excellent and stops right outside the Fairmont Royal York hotel. Unless your journey is in the rush hour it shouldn't take much more than 45 minutes.

You can book online and see the bus schedule on their website: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transportation

Thank you for your help, I'll check it out.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transportation

If flying in from Boston, you will want to land at Pearson (YYZ).

Perhaps you're seeing another option of Hamilton (YHM). That is much further west ... and would definitly be a long shuttle into downtown Toronto/Fairmont Royal York .

Boston
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transportation

Yes I have it clear now, thanks so much for your reply.

Westmount, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transportation

Hi there KB1955!

I hope you enjoy your trip to Toronto! In response to your question about airport transportation, you have many different options, it is just how much you are willing to pay which is a deciding factor.

The Pacific Western Airport Express, (http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/) is a coach service which runs regularly from Toronto Pearson airport to the downtown core. Buses depart every 30 Minutes between 04:55 until 11:25, after 11:25, buses depart every 20 minutes until 20:35. It is a simple ride, you share a bus with other travellers, and the bus stops at various hotels, (including the Royal York). You can purchase tickets on the website provided above, it is one way, but they also will be able to accomidate you at the airport.

There are also taxis and limousines which can take you downtown swiftly. You must remember, that all taxis, limousines and buses MUST be certified by the GTAA, (Greater Toronto Airports Authority). There is usually a sticker in the back window, on the side window, or on the windshield. Ensure that the company is certified before you ride!

I have stayed at the Royal York quite a few times, I know you'll like it!

Have a good trip,

Suluk

6. Re: Airport transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 13:20